(click to embiggen)
Above is the map I've chosen to place Another Valoria on, its use gracefully allowed by Herwin Wielink. Thank you, Herwin :)
The current state of Valoria is such:
- It's populated strictly by humans, although precursor races exist and those are not dwarves, elves or any other sundry race.
- The humans are centered around several locations and the majority of the continent is wilderness. There are no mechanical differences based on where a character originates from.
- Magic is uncommon but viewed with careful acceptance.
- A crystalline element, called Varinium, is relatively plentiful and can be worked into a form that produces thrust. The use of Varinium acts as a scientific catalyst which jump-started advanced locomotion - airships are rare but functional, ships can travel more reliably and hovering vehicles are uncommon but in wide-spread use.
- The cosmology of Another Valoria places the prime material plane in the center of 7 layers of planes.
- At the top is the Essence layer, from which all is made and where the creator god resides.
- Below Essence is Light.
- Between Light and the prime material plane, Fire and Air share a layer.
- At the bottom is Void, where things cease to exist.
- Above Void is Darkness.
- Between Darkness and the prime material plane, Earth and Water share a layer.
- It is believed that the further up you ascend, the closer you get to Essence. In the same vein, if you descend into the earth you move closer towards Void.
I am also working on Stuff of Legends draft 3. Slowly I write my way through character creation. When I have enough to share, I will.